Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Active Research Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 21 Harwell Road, Poole, Dorset, UK BH17 0GE. Our company registration number is 3295909. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Active Research Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Active Research Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website running smoothly. However, Active Research Ltd takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Unless otherwise stated in the contents of this website, all names, logos and taglines appearing on this website are trademarks, service marks or registered marks (collectively, "Marks") of Active Research Ltd. Any use of the Marks without the prior written consent of Active Research Ltd is strictly forbidden.
This website and its content is copyright of Active Research Ltd - © Active Research Ltd, 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Active Research Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Active Research Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2012.
We may collect the following information: • name and job title • contact information including email address • demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests • other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: • Internal record keeping. • We may use the information to improve our products and services. • We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. • From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs,likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 21 Harwell Road, Poole, Dorset, UK BH17 0GE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
1. unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on, or as close as possible to the date required by the Buyer. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
2. If the Seller is unable to deliver the Goods because of actions or circumstances under the control of the Buyer, then the Seller shall be entitled to place the Goods in storage until such times as delivery may be affected and the Buyer shall be liable for any expense associated with such storage.
3. Any damages, shortages, over deliveries and duplicated orders should be reported to the Seller within 14 days of signed receipt to enable replacement or refund.
4. Carriage, insurance and freight will be charged at cost per shipment based on the preferred carrier of Seller. All orders are shipped EX-WORKS unless agreed in writing prior to shipment.
You have 30 calendar days from the date you receive your item to return it for a full refund. To be eligible for a full refund the item will need to be in an unused condition.
If the items are faulty or damaged, we will inspect your item on return. If it is found to be faulty we will issue either a replacement or a credit note. If the product is not found to be faulty there will be an engineering charge to pay and the product will be returned to you at your cost*.
You will be responsible for shipping the item back to us and will need to obtain an RMA number from our technical support team before returning your item*
*These conditions also apply to items returned under warranty.