X

NMEA0183 and Seatalk on a C80 chartplotter

Página inicial Foros NMEA 0183 NMEA0183 and Seatalk on a C80 chartplotter

Etiquetado: 

Viendo 3 entradas - de la 1 a la 3 (de un total de 3)
  • Autor
    Entradas
    junkrigmaya
    Participante

Firstly… just WOW on how many capthcas things I had to complete before getting here!! More security than a bank!

I think this is a fairly new forum (and I am new to it!) and I’ve been looking for a place to look for assistance and advice in matching together the electronic components on my yacht into a «Network» that works and interacts as opposed to being lots of separate components that merely have the potential to be networked.
    The components of my system on board are:
    Raymarine C80 chartplotter (with Radar) that has a dedicated external GPS antenna, this has a SeaTalk (3 pin), SeaTalk2 (5 pin), NMEA0183 cable (5 pin) connection (Currently used only for the external GPS antenna I think) as well as the radar and power connections
    Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF (with AIS receiver through VHF antenna) with a dedicated GPS external antenna.
    NasaMarine Analogue 150kHz depth Transducer (currently feeding analogue signal direct to NasaMarine Clipper display
    NasaMarine EML-2+EZ-LOG electromagnetic log with databox (NMEA0183 output) feeding to a dedicated NasaMarine Clipper speed display
    NasaMarine Tactical Wind (wired) setup with dedicated display
    Raymarine ST2000+ tillerpilot autopilot (Seatalk)
    Raymarine Smartcontroller (E15023 autopilot wireless remote with base station- Seatalk)

From my research so far I believe I need an Actisense DST-2 unit which would enable the depth and speed to be combined onto the network, but I am looking for information and advice on how to connect all of the other parts onto the network ensuring the sentences don’t get lost, confused or missed and also how to allow the proprietary SeaTalk network to be integrated into the NMEA0183.
    I think possibly a Buffer would do part of the integrating, but am unsure of the difference between the buffer and the Pro-Mux unit from Actisense…

I am struggling to understand how many talkers and listeners there would be and also how the seatalk2 might be utilised and of course how to do this in the most cost effective manner possible!

Thanks in advance!

Josh Keets
    Superadministrador

Hi there!

I see this has also been raised as a ticket on our support system. I will leave it from here and we can continue to assist you via the Zoho ticket instead. You have had contact with our Technical Support Engineer, however I have had some input and gives some tips on this ticket already.

In short, it is possible for us to integrate most, if not all of this together, with NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000. SeaTalk1 (ST1) is a proprietary messaging format, which sadly we do not work with directly or convert. To get this data, you will either need ST1 to STNG, or ST1 to NMEA 0183 first.

Please feel free to ask us any questions on there, and I’ll be happy to give my input where necessary 🙂

Thank you

Josh

Commercial Engineer

embraigarxP
    Participante

Thats a cool topic to talk actually

Viendo 3 entradas - de la 1 a la 3 (de un total de 3)
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.