X

Fuel flow monitoring on the EMU-1

Home Forums NMEA 2000 Fuel flow monitoring on the EMU-1

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin Cohen

Would you benefit from a fuel flow monitoring feature on your EMU-1?

gildnerw
    Participant

Unfortunately, my John Deere Diesel engines do not have a fuel flow sensor. Due to the very low fuel consumption, I doubt I would need fuel flow on my current boat. However, I have traveled on a boat with a digital fuel flow indicator and found it valuable to monitor fuel consumption and engine performance during a long trip.

popeye
    Participant

Hi,
    i still don’t have an EMU-1 or other analog to NMEA2000 converter but i think fuel flow monitor would be an interesting feature, even just by reconverting the second tacho input

tjwhittaker
    Participant

Absolutely. I am about to start a software NMEA2K project to convert tacho input to fuel flow rate output, via a suitable conversion graph; not unlike the custom gauge approach. This can be displayed on Garmin kit.
    For diesel engines that have flow and return diesel to the injector rod and back to the tank, this is a simple solution with no added hardware.
    Adding that to the EMU-1 for the second tach input as mentioned would be superb!
    I have been monitoring the data in practise and tacho gives a pretty accurate answer – infinitely better than dodgy analogue fuel gauges!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.