How do I configure the EMU-1?
Actisense Toolkit is used to configure an EMU-1. An Actisense NGT-1 is also required as an NMEA 2000 PC Interface to allow configuring of the EMU-1 remotely over the NMEA 2000 network.
The tool itself is simple to use:
- The EMU-1 device to be configured is selected from a list of NMEA 2000 devices.
- The engine instance is specified for each “Gauge”, “Alarm” and “Tacho” input.
- The input voltage monitor destination PGN field is specified (if required).
- The parameter / gauge type is specified for each active “Gauge” input.
- The alarm level and direction is specified for each active “Alarm” input.
- The tacho PPR ratio is specified for each active “Tacho” input.
- The configuration settings are sent to the EMU-1 by pressing “Send to EMU” button.
The Toolkit manuals and custom gauge manager guide details how to perform all of the configuration operations necessary to customise the EMU-1 to an individual installation. As toolkit will be updated regularly, please ensure that the latest version is being used.
For more information on NMEA 2000 and how it works, please download our free guide to NMEA 2000 networking here: https://actisense.com/complete-guide-to-building-an-nmea-2000-network/