X

NGT-1 Drivers for M1 Chip Mac Computers

Home Forums NMEA 2000 NGT-1 Drivers for M1 Chip Mac Computers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SirChaunchy
    Participant

I have an all NMEA 2000 system on my sailboat connected to Open CPN running on an M1 chip-based MacBook Pro through an Actisense NGT-1. The problem is that the NGT-1 drivers aren’t compatible with the M1 Chip Mac even though those Macs have been on the market for a year and a half. Consequently, I can’t run my chart plotter on the newer computer until Actisense produces new drivers that make it compatible with the M1 chip Mac. I’ve been corresponding with both Actisense engineers and FTDI engineers about this for about six months, but nothing seems to be happening. has anyone been able to solve this problem?

Fred of Occam
    Participant

Have you loaded the serial drivers for Mac, ie PL2303HXD&G_Mac Driver_v2.1.0_20210?
    These should be available on line.

Fred

SirChaunchy
    Participant

I don’t see that driver on the Actisense website. Do you have a link to the website where you found PL2303HXD&G_Mac Driver_v2.1.0_20210?

Fred of Occam
    Participant

It is not on the Actisense site.
    Just Google PL2303HXD&G_Mac Driver and you will get to several relevant sites.
    If you still have a problem I can send you a copy to your own web address.
    My macs do not work without this driver.

williamwei1326
    Participant

same issue here, using Macbook pro 2021, arm-based m1 chips. Cannot install the PL2303HXD&G_Mac Driver (Mac os 10) and the mac os on the laoptop is Ventura 13.1. using parallel desktop running Windows11 and system cannot identify the NGT-1-USB device, installed the usb driver but still no read from the Actisense NMEA Reader and navigation software. cannot upgrade the firmware too.

Looking for any good solutions ASAP.

keisor71
    Participant

interesting information

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by keisor71.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by keisor71.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.