What are the advantages of NMEA 2000?
- Its simple connection makes an NMEA 2000 network easy to install.
- NMEA 2000 networks are reliable. They are self-configuring and no setup is required, meaning you can easily add or remove any compatible
equipment without needing to restart the network.
- Unlike NMEA 0183, having different baud rates is not an issue with NMEA 2000 networks.
- NMEA 2000 networks can allow up to 50 different compatible devices to connect to each other.
- You do not have to replace your entire NMEA 0183 network when converting to NMEA 2000. You can easily hook up to the new network whilst
keeping currently installed NMEA 0183 devices using an NMEA 2000 Gateway like the NGW-1.
For more information on NMEA 0183 and how it works, please download our free guide to NMEA 0183 networking.
For more information on NMEA 2000 and how it works, please download our free guide to NMEA 2000 networking.